Friday, September 21, 2007

No change,no change,no change,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

“No change, no change”said the bus conductor.

I replied, “even I have no change, I’ll get it when I am getting down in my stop.”

“No, even I don’t have the change,what can I do? Please see whether you have the change”said the conductor.

I replied “sorry I don’t have a single paise other than a hundred rupees note. I’ll get the change when I am getting down in my stop.”

Then bus conductor said it was impossible for him to give me change because now mostly school children will board the bus and will not have any collection. I stood thinking what to do,whether to get down from the bus or try again a ticketless travel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (To enjoy ticketless travel-Travel in this)

After sometime approached a co-passenger for change,my good time I exchanged my hundred rupees note for a fifty,two twenties and a ten rupee notes with her. Then got my ticket and went off to home.

I always have change with me when traveling in local city buses,but this time I thought of getting it from the conductor.Unfortunately my thoughts failed.These are some usual circumstances met by many passengers which happen in metropolitan cities. Some conductors are so rude that they even ask the passengers to get down from the bus.It was my good luck that the conductor wasn’t reacting very badly to me.Receiving your salaries in thousands and lakhs is not a big deal!!!But when you set to travel in local city buses you must adhere to some principles like carrying enough changes to avoid unnecessary troubles and for a happy going.



1 comment:

balachandar muruganantham said...

what people are doing is wrong when going on local city buses. inside the bus you can see the quote "tender exact changes and get the ticket". so we the people should go with change. but some times we also dont have. thats ok for once from your perspective. when u think about from conductor's perspective, its very difficult because he might see 1000s of people every day like you. where will he go for change?

i agree with you that there are some rude conductors which is bad.

-bala
http://beyondwork.wordpress.com