Sunday, February 20, 2011

10th International Online Dispute Resolution Conference 2011- Day 1 (Part III)

This is the third  and final part of day 1.Yes I tried to put all stuff that I could understand on day 1 of the conference which made me to split in three parts.But this part is really interesting and which melted my heart too. The presentation was by Sanjana Hattotuwa .After his presentation I could understand that online dispute resolution and technologies are not only for e-commerce or business but it can also change the concept of humanity.Thus it was evident from his speech that information,communication,technology can be used for peace building too. You can go here to view the ppt of Sanjana Hattotuwa. Then he also mentioned about the pc user against mobile user and clearly pictured that than computer, mobile was owned and widely used by the society at large.Mobile users are tremendously increasing day by day due to proliferation of telecom cos and the additional features they offer.Finally he added that since mobile is widely used , there is necessity to create non-smart phone applications where even non-smart phone users can access the technology for business purpose.

Later, Leah Wing , threw some light on murals and its archives.By this the day 1 presentations were winded up and I attempted to express all those that I could understand.Moreover, I have elaborately expressed those presentations which impressed me :)

Leah Wing,the Final presenter for day 1.

What next, I will be posting the sessions of day 2.Will try to concise and highlight the themes of presenters.Until then happy peacebuilding :) through technologies .

No comments: