Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Delicious to Google Bookmarks

I have been researching about cloud computing and its intellectual property issues that may arise.While doing so I bookmark lot of websites in my firefox browser's bookmark with folders in it.Suddenly i feared what if my computer doesnt work as it is old enough and it has worked a lot for me :) I have formatted it thrice and feared if it shuts due to viruses, though i have installed anti-virus and scan the pc then and there.So to avoid this fear I started to bookmark my necessary important websites links in delicious bookmark which i am used to it while working online.Unfortunately i heard that yahoo owned delicious is closing its bookmark service :( what next when crawled the web to find a solution it was Google who gave me hands.google is a one stop shop i think :) yeah ,i feel so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes , google has come up with a program  i.e a migration tool where you can import your delicious bookmark to Google bookmarks in just one click.I tried and it worked very smoothly.yahoo owned delicous fall is google's rise :) What next, I felt good to import in some seconds without any fear.Am happy that I could do these in a fraction of seconds.There lies the power of information and the information society which is now a knowledge based society is in need of these kinds of information provider as knowledge is gained only when such information is accessible. In that way google has facilitated lot of information.Google rocks :)

No comments: